The Meruelo Family Center for Career Development has made adjustments to support our students. Please click the button below to view the information that has been communicated to our students.
Support Students With Opportunities
There are several ways you can help us support your alma mater’s students.
- Post a full-time or internship position at your organization using Handshake
- Post a short-term summer externship experience for students.
- Host a student for a job shadow
- Create an internship or externship program
- Serve as a guest speaker for student events (share industry knowledge, interviewing tips, how to effectively network, etc.)
- Connect with staff directly to learn more about Undergraduate and Graduate Career Services
Getting involved is easy and your involvement makes a difference. If interested, complete our brief online form and one of our staff members will be in touch with you.
Our Career Treks provide one example of how alumni have helped to support our students. These are impactful career exploration initiatives that allow students to gain insight into career fields of interest. They provide behind the scenes opportunities for students to engage with an organization, meet and make connections with Notre Dame alumni, and learn about various career paths.
IrishCompass, Notre Dame's official online networking community, provides an opportunity to serve as a resource to students and fellow alumni by sharing your own professional experience. IrishCompass enables connections, networking, mentoring and job opportunities in these practical and useful ways:
- Mentor - Virtually meet students to share insight about your career path (available as 30-minute phone calls or ongoing 3-month mentoring relationships)
- Share Your Insights - Contribute to the industry specific groups by posing questions or sharing relevant articles and resource suggestions.
- Help Students Prepare for Their Careers - Help a student prepare for an interview or have a general career conversation.
- Host a Student for a Job Shadow - Offer on your profile that you're willing to help host job shadows.
- Share Your Organization's Opportunities - Utilize the Job Board within IrishCompass to advertise and collect resumes from experienced Notre Dame alumni.
- Boost Your Network - Make direct connections with the Notre Dame Family who generously share their professional experience, knowledge and insights.
In addition to services for supporting students, IrishCompass also offers you the opportunity to conveniently network with fellow alumni, engage in conversations on message boards, and search for your next career opportunity on our private job board.
Learn more about IrishCompass before joining through our Frequently Asked Questions.
Alumni & Friends Insight Series
Consider sharing your career development story with current students through our Alumni & Friends Insight Series! The program features a one hour talk from alumni about their personal and professional journey as they navigate life beyond Notre Dame.
During the discussion share insights such as:
- Summer internships and jobs you had during your time as an undergrad
- Your own job search process for your first entry level position after graduation
- Further education, if applicable
- Your career path to your current job
Please complete this online form to express interest and provide us information on your availability. Our staff will contact you to finalize details, market the discussion to students, and keep you updated.
Career Support for Notre Dame Alumni
Our Undergraduate Career Services staff provides career counseling services for alumni who are still seeking employment 12 months after graduating. Our Graduate Career Services consultants provide support to alumni (from Notre Dame master's and doctoral programs) through their first position after completing graduate school or completing a postdoc.
YOU CAN HELP!
The Notre Dame Family will get us through this challenging time. If you are in a position to hire, refer students to opportunities, or if you are willing to support us in other ways, please let us know.
Our Offer of Support online form will help you find a way to make a difference.