The value of your Notre Dame education extends well beyond your years on campus, especially when it comes to career development.
The Meruelo Family Center for Career Development offers a number of ways you can support students, and one of the best ways to get started is to join IrishCompass, Notre Dame's official online networking community. You can support your alma mater in the following ways:
Use our convenient online form to offer your support by:
- Posting a full-time or internship position at your organization using Handshake
- Hosting a student for a job shadow
- Creating an internship or externship program
- Serving as a guest speaker for student events (share industry knowledge, interviewing tips, how to effectively network, etc.)
- Connect with staff directly to learn more about Undergraduate and Graduate Career Services
While the Alumni Association provides a full-range of career services for alumni (including a job posting board on IrishCompass), our Undergraduate and Graduate Career Services staff provides career counseling services for alumni who are still seeking employment 12 months after graduating.
Alumni Insight Series
If you are back on-campus and have some free time, consider sharing your career development story with current students through our Alumni Insight Series. Complete the form below, one of our staff will contact you to finalize any details, secure you a room in our Center, market the group roundtable discussion to students and keep you updated as to the number of students to expect.
During the roundtable discussion share insights such as:
- Your Notre Dame experience
- Summer internships and jobs during your time at ND
- Job search for your first entry level position after ND
- Further education, if applicable
- Career path to your current job
Please complete this online form to provide us the availability of your visit to ND.
IrishCompass, Notre Dame's official online networking community, provides you a convenient way to give back to your alma mater by serving as a resource to current students and fellow alumni by sharing your own professional experience. IrishCompass enables connections, networking, mentoring and job opportunities in these practical and useful ways:
- Boost your network - make direct connections with the Notre Dame Family who generously share their professional experience, knowledge and insights. The platform automatically generates natural connections through an algorithm (via key questions)
- Mentor - Meet students to share insight about your career path (available as 30-minute phone calls or ongoing 3-month mentoring relationships)
- Share your insights - Contribute to the industry specific groups by posing questions or sharing relevant articles and resource suggestions.
- Help students prepare for their careers- Indicate that you are willing to help a student prepare for an interview or have a career conversation for 30 minutes.
- Host a student for a job shadow - Offer on your profile that you're willing to help host job shadows.
- Post your organization's job opportunities for ND alumni - Utilize the Job Board within IrishCompass to advertise and collect resumes from experienced Notre Dame alumni.
In addition to services for supporting students, IrishCompass also offers you the opportunity to conveniently network with fellow alumni, engage in conversations on message boards, and search for your next career opportunity on our private job board.
Want to learn more about IrishCompass before joining? Read our Frequently Asked Questions
Career Support for Notre Dame Alumni
Undergraduate Career Services provides career services to alumni for up to one year after graduation, after one year, career services are provided by the Alumni Association. Class of 2019 graduates can take advantage of the many resources available to assist with their career development and/or schedule a one-on-one counseling appointment, as needed.
Click here to learn more.