Thanks for your interest in learning more about how you can support career development efforts at your alma mater. Here are a few tips to get you started.
3 ways for alumni to get involved
There are several ways you can help us support students at your alma mater. Here are 3 of the most common ways alums help out:
- Post a full-time, internship, externship, or job shadow at your organization using Handshake, the career management platform used by ND and more than 1,000 other colleges and universities.
- Introduce us to hiring managers at your company/organization to hire ND students.
- Serve as a guest speaker at our Alumni & Friends Insight Series or other student events where you can share industry knowledge, interviewing tips, how to network, and more.
If you are interested in any of these, click on the icon below.
3 reasons to join IrishCompass
IrishCompass, Notre Dame's official online networking community, is a collaborative initiative of the Center for Career Development and the ND Alumni Association. Here are 3 ways your participation in IrishCompass will make a difference:
- Educate students by offering informational interviews to students who are exploring various career paths.
- Develop an ongoing professional relationship as a mentor.
- Find fellow alums to build your network.
Are you a recent alum seeking career development support?
- Our Undergraduate Career Services staff provides career counseling services for alumni up to 12 months after graduation. The ND Alumni Association provides support beyond 12 months after graduation, including getting you connected to a career coach.
- Our Graduate Career Services consultants provide support to alumni from master's and doctoral programs affiliated with Notre Dame's Graduate School.