First Annual "Traditions of Notre Dame" Photo Challenge
Thanks to the 525 students who participated at the August 13 event. These students (from first year to graduate students) logged many miles of walking, running, biking, skateboarding, and scootering across campus to log 3,595 visits to 20 campus location. Prize winners have been notified by email. Be on the lookout next fall for our 2nd annual Traditions of Notre Dame Photo Challenge! See below for details from the 2020 event.
All Notre Dame students are invited to attend this fun event to kick off the 2020 Fall Semester brought to you by the Meruelo Family Center for Career Development and the Student Activities Office. Grab a friend, explore campus to learn about many traditions, and maybe win a great prize!
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
- This event is open to Notre Dame students only. All undergraduate and graduate students are invited to attend.
- Students are invited to create teams of 2 students (any 2 students can be on a team -- friends, roommates, classmates, etc.). If your friend can't make it on Thursday night, event organizers will pair you up! One of the team members will need a cell phone.
- At 9PM on Thursday, August 13 at Fieldhouse Mall (outside of LaFortune Student Center) instructions will be given to all participants.
- A special URL will be shared with students which contains a list of 20 locations to visit on campus, all based on Notre Dame traditions.
- Teams will have 90 minutes to visit as many of the 20 locations as they wish.
- Teams will decide which 20 locations to visit in any order.
- All locations will be on Notre Dame's campus. No transportation is needed. All students are invited to participate. Students with mobility challenges will be accommodated.
- While at each location, one of the students on the team will take a picture of the other team member in front of the location.
- The team will visit an online web form to answer a trivia question about the location and submit the picture.
- Each submission serves as an entry into the prize drawing.
- The more locations a team visits, the more chances they have to win a prize. For example, a team that visits 2 locations will receive 2 entries. A team that visits 20 sites will receive 20 entries into the prize drawing.
- Students are welcome to use any resources they wish to answer the questions. Students can also call a special phone number to ask for help (first year students, we have you covered if you aren't familiar with ND's many traditions).
Students competing in the event will be eligible to win one of three special prizes.
Free Eddy Street Commons meal once per week for the fall semester
Each student on the team will receive $210 in Domer Dollars ($15 per week for 14 weeks)
Free Starbucks drink every day in September
Each student on the team will receive $150 in Domer Dollars (equivalent of $5 per day for 30 days)
$200 Shopping spree at the Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore
Each student on the team will receive $200 in Domer Dollars to use at the Bookstore
At 11PM, event organizers will randomly select teams to receive one of these awards. Each team is only eligible to win one of these prizes. You do not need to be present to win.
note: all prizes listed above are awarded as Domer Dollars on a student's ndID. Students are welcome to visit at any location that accepts Domer Dollars as payment.
RESIDENCE HALL SECTION CONTEST
As additional incentive, one student will be randomly selected to receive a $300 towards a residence hall section apparel order.
OTHER FUN STUFF
In addition to the Photo Challenge, the event will also feature:
- Fun photos in front of the Main Building (meet at the statue of Jesus in front of the Main Building) between 8:30 PM - 10:00 PM.
- Free ice cream from the Bonnie Doon Ice Cream Truck near Fieldhouse Mall from 9:00 PM until 11:00 PM (while supplies last).